Today in class we watched a Lynda.com video discussing how to incorporate storytelling into advertising. This is what I learned.
First most stories have a 5 part structure:
- Exposition: introduce the protagonist, and set up the scene.
- Inciting incident: what caused the character to act to reach their goal.
- Rising action: who or what is trying to stop them from reaching their goal.
- Climax: How do they get or dont get what they want.
- Resolution: what happens after/because of the climax.
How do you incorporate this into advertising, easily: the two world structure.
The world that is and the world that could be. and your product is the world that connects them together.
Interesting and easy way to get something going with a simple story structure.